Jim Cramer: Buy Tesla Here
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, is in position to cash in on $700 million in stock options.
Tesla’s stock market value reached a six-month average of $100.2 billion, according to an analysis of Refinitiv data, which triggers the vesting of the first of 12 tranches of options of Tesla stock that Musk can buy as part of a pay package agreed to in 2018.
According to Reuters, Musk has already met two other requirements by hitting a growth target and far exceeding a one-month average $100 billion market cap.
Each tranche gives Musk the option to buy 1.69 million Tesla shares at $350.02 each.
Tesla is trading over $781 in intraday trading on Tuesday. The stock is up 217% in the past year.
Watch the full video above for Jim Cramer's full take.
Want to know what Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- From the C-Suite: Crunch Fitness CEO: We Had an Emergency Plan, Why Didn’t the Government?
- NCAA Considers Proposal That Would Allow Student-Athletes to Get Paid for Endorsements, Etc
- Professional Athletes in Business: NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson Says Teamwork is Recipe for Success
- Ask Bob: I Was Furloughed. Under the CARES Act, Do I Still Need to Pay My 401(k) Loans?
- Jim Cramer's 5 Books to Read During the Coronavirus Pandemic