Jim Cramer: Buy Amazon Ahead of Earnings
"We expect Amazon to report results well above consensus expectations on revenue and profitability while guiding 2Q above consensus on both metrics. The increase in demand the company’s retail, AWS, and ads businesses is seeing and Amazon’s ability to meet the challenges of this demand, will, we believe, serve to steepen the curve of its long term growth rate, drive incremental profitability, and further deepen the competitive moat around all of its businesses. While the stock has outperformed significantly, we believe the market continues to underestimate the long term value of the Amazon platform as the leader in both the movement of retail online and compute into the cloud, the realization of which is being accelerated by the current crisis along with consumer and enterprise adoption. Therefore, we continue to believe Amazon represents the best risk/reward in the Internet sector and remain Buy-rated," wrote Goldman analysts on Thursday.
Watch the full video above for Jim Cramer's full take.
Want to know what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- Webinar Preview: Expert Advice on Wealth Planning for Turbulent Markets
- Retirement Daily: Self-Employed? Here's How to Save Up to $62,000 a Year for Retirement
- Sallie Krawcheck: During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Should You Lower the Amount Allocated to Your 401k?
- Jim Cramer: Apple Is Still an 'Own, Don't Trade' Stock
- Jim Cramer's 5 Books to Read During the Coronavirus Pandemic