Jim Cramer Says Trump Has 'No Idea' When it Comes to Restarting Economy
President Donald Trump said on Thursday that the administration may extend the federal social distancing guidelines until early summer, if not later.
"We may, and we may go beyond that," President Trump responded when asked about extending the guidelines.
Originally, the guidelines had been announced in March and have been extended to the end of April.
"We're going to have to see where it is," Trump noted. “I think people are going to know just out of common sense. At some point, we won’t have to do that. But until we feel safe, we’re going to be extending.”
So, what does this mean for the economy? Will this push back the start date for the economy?
Watch the full video above for Jim Cramer's full take.
Want to know what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- Webinar Preview: Expert Advice on Wealth Planning for Turbulent Markets
- Retirement Daily: Self-Employed? Here's How to Save Up to $62,000 a Year for Retirement
- Sallie Krawcheck: During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Should You Lower the Amount Allocated to Your 401k?
- Jim Cramer: Apple Is Still an 'Own, Don't Trade' Stock
- Jim Cramer's 5 Books to Read During the Coronavirus Pandemic