Profitability Is Critical for Small Business Survival, Jim Cramer Says
So, let's talk about the payroll protection program or PPP.
President Donald Trump signed a bill into law on Friday, April 24 which includes $320 billion for the PPP, which loans small businesses money to keep their employees on staff. The initial $350 billion funding for the program ran out earlier this month. Another $75 billion is slated for hospitals and $25 billion for testing programs.
The bill is designed to replenish the PPP which ran out of funding a few weeks ago.
So, while we've been focusing a lot on who's been getting PPP, there's one other question to look at and that would be: for businesses that have gotten PPP, are they viable in the long run?
Watch the full video above for Cramer's full take.
Want to know what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- Monday Coronavirus Update: Global Cases Near 3 Million, U.S. Cases Near 1 Million
- Professional Athletes in Business: NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson Says Teamwork is Recipe for Success
- These Companies Filed For Bankruptcy During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jim Cramer: People Don't Live in Fear of COVID-19, They Live in Fear of Death
- Jim Cramer: Apple Is Earnings Report to Watch This Week