It's Fed week.
The Federal Open Market Committee, the Federal Reserve's rate-setting committee, will be meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
The central bank lowered rates to near zero in mid-March and it's expected they will remain there for the foreseeable future, according to economists. Forward guidance from the Fed on rates will be closely watched.
And, after the announcement on interest rates, Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell will host his monthly press conference.
So, for investors looking past the rates, what do they need to hear from Powell when he takes the podium?
Watch the full video above for Jim Cramer's full take.
Hint: He thinks Powell needs to promise that the Fed will continue to support the economy as the U.S. puts together reopening plans.
Want to know what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- Monday Coronavirus Update: Global Cases Near 3 Million, U.S. Cases Near 1 Million
- Professional Athletes in Business: NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson Says Teamwork is Recipe for Success
- These Companies Filed For Bankruptcy During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jim Cramer: People Don't Live in Fear of COVID-19, They Live in Fear of Death
- Jim Cramer: Apple Is Earnings Report to Watch This Week