Jim Cramer: Believe Coronavirus Can Be Contained, Buy Stocks
It's the end of the month.
So, what's your biggest takeaway from this month?
Before we get into Jim Cramer's biggest takeaways, let's go over what you need to know about the market and the coronavirus.
About one-fifth of the U.S. working population is now on unemployment benefits, and analysts are all but certain that the U.S. jobs report for April will reveal a record-breaking double-digit gain in unemployment.
As of April 30, around 30 million Americans have filed for unemployment.
Valuations have, on the other hand, been stretching to levels that haven't been seen in years, despite risks that lockdowns may be met with more spread of the coronavirus.
Morgan Stanley’s Chief U.S. Equity Strategist Mike Wilson recently noted in his research that the S&P 500 should meet near-term resistance at the 2,900 mark, which is roughly where the index sits, noted TheStreet's Jacob Sonenshine.
Watch the full video above for Cramer's full take.
Want to know what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- Ignoring Oil Could 'Come Back to Bite the Market,' Warns Expert
- Professional Athletes in Business: NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson Says Teamwork is Recipe for Success
- These Companies Filed For Bankruptcy During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jim Cramer: People Don't Live in Fear of COVID-19, They Live in Fear of Death
- Jim Cramer: Apple Is Earnings Report to Watch This Week