What should we be prepared to see from the jobs report on Friday?
Well, quite frankly, there may be a stark lack of job adds last month.
ADP and Moody's Analytics reported on Wednesday that companies reduced payrolls by 20.236 million in through mid-April as the worst of the coronavirus-induced economic freeze began claiming vast numbers of full and part-time positions.
Economists surveyed by FactSet had forecast a loss of 21 million private payroll jobs last month. The report covered the period through April 12, when the majority of businesses had closed their doors as the pandemic rolled across the United States.
Watch the full video above for Jim Cramer's full take.
Want to know what Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Cramer and his team will be hosting a live monthly conference call on Thursday, May 14.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- From the C-Suite: Crunch Fitness CEO: We Had an Emergency Plan, Why Didn’t the Government?
- NCAA Considers Proposal That Would Allow Student-Athletes to Get Paid for Endorsements, Etc
- Professional Athletes in Business: NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson Says Teamwork is Recipe for Success
- Ask Bob: I Was Furloughed. Under the CARES Act, Do I Still Need to Pay My 401(k) Loans?
- Jim Cramer's 5 Books to Read During the Coronavirus Pandemic