Jim Cramer: This Market Rally Is Based in Hopes Coronavirus Has Peaked
Let's go over what you need to know about the markets Monday.
There are nearly three million cases of the virus worldwide, with over 200,000 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins.
The U.S. is nearing one million cases. Currently, there are over 960,000 cases.
New York has over 288,000 cases. Spain has over 226,000 cases and Italy has nearly 200,000 cases.
There have been 54,000 fatalities in the U.S.
At the open, stocks were higher despite another tumble for crude oil prices on Monday. West Texas Intermediate crude oil for June delivery dropped almost 24% to below $13 a barrel as crude inventories have risen amid the coronavirus pandemic that has led to an evaporation of demand.
Watch the full video above for Jim Cramer's full take on the market.
Want to know what Jim Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- Monday Coronavirus Update: Global Cases Near 3 Million, U.S. Cases Near 1 Million
- Professional Athletes in Business: NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson Says Teamwork is Recipe for Success
- These Companies Filed For Bankruptcy During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jim Cramer: People Don't Live in Fear of COVID-19, They Live in Fear of Death
- Jim Cramer: Apple Is Earnings Report to Watch This Week