- Solid financial results despite headwinds and sustained progress toward regaining an investment-grade capital structure
- Focus on leveraging digital technologies to position CEMEX at the forefront of the industry through the launch of its fully digital suite of services, CEMEX Go, and its open innovation and corporate venture capital unit, CEMEX Ventures
- Contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, including its inclusive business models to enable access to housing and basic services for low-income families; high-social impact programs to empower neighboring communities; quarry rehabilitation through Biodiversity Action Plans; and deployment of a robust global carbon emissions reduction strategy, among others
- Commitment to sustainability across its value chain, including the evaluation of its suppliers' sustainability practices
- Implementation of interconnected Health and Safety networks, tracks, and forums to achieve its worldwide goal of zero injuries.
The 2017 Integrated Report includes an external limited assurance statement by KPMG. Moreover, to better align the report with its stakeholders' main interests, CEMEX used the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards to prepare its 2017 Integrated Report, opting for the "in accordance" comprehensive option and requesting GRI to conduct its Materiality Disclosures Service.To learn more about how CEMEX is transforming the construction ecosystem and delivering value for its stakeholders, please visit: https://www.cemex.com/IntegratedReport2017 CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable services to customers and communities in more than 50 countries. CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through innovative building solutions, efficiency advancements, and efforts to promote a sustainable future. For more information, please visit: www.cemex.com. Follow us on: facebook.com/cemex, twitter.com/cemex, instagram.com/cemex/, youtube.com/cemex. CEMEX assumes no obligation to update or correct the information contained in this press release. CEMEX is not responsible for the content of any third-party website or webpage referenced to or accessible through this press release.