- The company delivered the first lot of Ampligen for sale in Europe utilizing the Early Access Program (EAP).
- The company amended its agreement with myTomorrows to treat pancreatic cancer patients beginning in the Netherlands utilizing EAP.
- The FDA approved a price increase for US-based Ampligen cost recovery program.
- The company is collaborating with Millions Missing Canada to bring medication to Canadians for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).
- The company commenced data analysis of an intranasal human safety study of Ampligen plus FluMist®. Top line results show intranasal Ampligen was generally well-tolerated.
- Continuing discussions with FDA to identify a path toward approval for Ampligen for ME/CFS.
A bout Hemispherx Biopharma Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc., is an advanced specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the clinical development of new drug entities for treatment of seriously debilitating disorders. Hemispherx's flagship products include Alferon N Injection® and the experimental therapeutic rintatolimod (trade names Ampligen® or Rintamod®). Rintatolimod is an experimental RNA nucleic acid being developed for globally important, debilitating diseases and disorders of the immune system, including myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome. Hemispherx's platform technology includes components for potential treatment of various severely debilitating and life-threatening diseases. Because rintatolimod is experimental in nature, it is not designated as safe and effective by the FDA for general use and is legally available only through clinical trials.Cautionary StatementSome of the statements included in this press release may be forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. For those statements, we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements set forth in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. We do not undertake to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that occur after the date hereof. This press release and prior releases are available at www.hemispherx.net. The information found on our website is not incorporated by reference into this press release and is included for reference purposes only. ContactHemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Phone Number: 800-778-4042 Email: IR@hemispherx.net