- McDermott and Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) were selected for engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) for SURF and SPS for BP's Tortue/Ahmeyim Field Development with an initial contract placed for front-end engineering and execution readiness
- The companies will collaborate to define the technology and equipment scope for an initial four-well development phase for this major gas project
- BP to benefit from McDermott and BHGE's integrated approach and digital solutions which are expected to reduce cost and streamline project delivery
- Project marks both companies' first EPCI project in West Africa for BP
"We will be working closely with BP and McDermott on this strategically-important gas project, that will benefit from our extensive knowledge of deep water, large bore gas technologies and FEED capabilities," said Graham Gillies, Vice President, Subsea Production Systems and Subsea Services at BHGE. "Increasingly, industry players are looking for commercially-innovative business models and integrated offerings that help reduce costs, while increasing efficiency and productivity. This is an excellent example of how the industry has evolved its approach, with global operators now embracing the benefits of early engagement with OEMs and service providers."McDermott expects to use the Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) module from its new digital platform Gemini XD to deliver advanced technology through project execution and the development of a digital twin of the complete system. The project will also benefit from BHGE's RealTrack digital collaboration tool which provides live, real-time reporting of schedule progress, document status and issues management for more efficient project execution. RealTrack is designed to help customers optimize their operations, respond quickly to arising issues and plan effectively for changing requirements as projects evolve. Teams from McDermott and BHGE will perform the project management and FEED work from McDermott's Epsom facility in the United Kingdom. Project Details The initial subsea infrastructure connects the first four wells consolidated through production pipelines leading to a floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) vessel. From here liquids are removed and the export gas is transported via a pipeline to the floating liquid natural gas (FLNG) hub terminal where the gas is liquefied. The Tortue/Ahmeyim Field Development is located in the C-8 block off the shore of Mauritania and the Saint-Louis Profond block offshore Senegal. The Tortue discovery was made by Kosmos Energy, which farmed down its investment to BP in December 2016. BP now has the largest interest (~60%) among the four partners in the project and is the operator.
* - McDermott defines a substantial contract as between USD $500 million and USD $750 million.About McDermott McDermott is a leading provider of integrated engineering, procurement, construction and installation ("EPCI"), front-end engineering and design ("FEED") and module fabrication services for upstream field developments worldwide. McDermott delivers fixed and floating production facilities, pipelines, installations and subsea systems from concept to commissioning for complex Offshore and Subsea oil and gas projects to help oil companies safely produce and transport hydrocarbons. Our customers include national and major energy companies. Operating in approximately 20 countries across the world, our locally focused and globally integrated resources include approximately 11,800 employees, a diversified fleet of specialty marine construction vessels, fabrication facilities and engineering offices. We are renowned for our extensive knowledge and experience, technological advancements, performance records, superior safety and commitment to deliver. McDermott has served the energy industry since 1923, and shares of its common stock are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. As used in this press release, McDermott includes McDermott International, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates. To learn more, visit our website at www.mcdermott.com. About Baker Hughes, a GE company Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world. Visit us at BHGE.com. Forward-Looking StatementsIn accordance with the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, McDermott cautions that statements in this press release which are forward-looking, and provide other than historical information, involve risks, contingencies and uncertainties that may impact McDermott's actual results of operations. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements about the expected value, scope, execution and timing associated with the project discussed in this press release and McDermott's expectations with respect to schedule and budget certainty for the project. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in those forward-looking statements are reasonable, we can give no assurance that those expectations will prove to have been correct. Those statements are made by using various underlying assumptions and are subject to numerous risks, contingencies and uncertainties, including, among others: adverse changes in the markets in which we operate or credit markets, our inability to successfully execute on contracts in backlog, changes in project design or schedules, the availability of qualified personnel, changes in the terms, scope or timing of contracts, contract cancellations, change orders and other modifications and actions by our customers and other business counterparties, changes in industry norms and adverse outcomes in legal or other dispute resolution proceedings. If one or more of these risks materialize, or if underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those expected. For a more complete discussion of these and other risk factors, please see McDermott's annual and quarterly filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017 and subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. This press release reflects management's views as of the date hereof. Except to the extent required by applicable law, McDermott undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement. McDermott International, Inc. Investor RelationsTy Lawrence Vice President, Treasurer and Investor Relations +1 281.870.5147 email@example.com Global Media RelationsAdam MorganDirector, Global Communications & Marketing+1 281.253.9005 firstname.lastname@example.org Baker Hughes, a GE Company Investor RelationsPhilipp Mueller+1 281 809 9088 email@example.com Media RelationsGavin RobertsExternal Affairs Manager+44 7775 547365 firstname.lastname@example.org