- Provide the ability to reach full power within minutes.
- Provide a reliable source of peaking and reserve capacity.
- Assist with grid stability and storm restoration by providing a local source of generation.
- Lower emissions.
- Use minimal groundwater.
- Facilitate the inclusion of renewable resources.
The impact on the local economy will be significant. According to an analysis by Louisiana economist Dr. Loren Scott, the plant's construction phase will:
- Generate nearly $206 million in new business sales in Orleans Parish.
- Generate more than $28 million in new household earnings for parish residents.
- Generate an average of 92 jobs per year and pump nearly $983,000 in new sales taxes into the Orleans Parish treasury.