Today, more than 890,000 Walmart U.S. associates, including more than 136,000 in California, are receiving a share of more than $560 million total cash bonuses, including: This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180308006382/en/
Walmart Associates in California To Receive Approximately $34 Million in Cash Bonuses (Graphic: Business Wire)
- More than $160 million in cash bonuses based on their stores' Q4 performance, and
- More than $400 million in one-time cash bonuses tied to recent changes in tax law.
- In California, Walmart associates are receiving approximately $34 million in combined bonuses.
- For the full fiscal year, U.S. associates shared more than $625 million in performance-based bonuses, including more than $68 million shared by California associates.
- Walmart also recently cashed out to associates more than $300 million in unused paid time off (PTO).
Walmart in CaliforniaWalmart's recent pay raises are just one part of the company's local investment and impact. In California, the company:
- Operates 304 retail units (as of Sept. 2017)
- Spent $24.5 billion with local suppliers, supporting 212,055 supplier jobs in 2017.*
- Paid more than $344 million in taxes and collected more than $1.1 billion in sales taxes in 2017.