- More than $160 million in cash bonuses based on their stores' Q4 performance, and
- More than $400 million in one-time cash bonuses tied to recent changes in tax law.
- In Florida, Walmart associates are receiving approximately $42.7 million in combined bonuses.
- For the full fiscal year, U.S. associates shared more than $625 million in performance-based bonuses, including more than $85.5 million shared by Florida associates.
- Walmart also recently cashed out to associates more than $300 million in unused paid time off (PTO).
"Walmart is re-inventing the shopping experience for Floridians while continuing as a leader in the retail industry in associate wages and opportunity," said R. Scott Shalley, President/CEO Florida Retail Federation. "Thousands of families across the state of Florida will benefit from the recent increase in wages, bonuses and expanded leave benefits. We applaud Walmart for this continued investment in our communities."Walmart in Florida Walmart's recent pay raises are just one part of the company's local investment and impact. In Florida, the company:
- Operates 377 retail units.
- Spent $5.7 billion with local suppliers, supporting 89,773 supplier jobs in 2017.*
- Paid more than $145 million in taxes and collected more than $937 million in sales taxes in 2017.