- More than $160 million in cash bonuses based on their stores' Q4 performance, and
- More than $400 million in one-time cash bonuses tied to recent changes in tax law.
- In Texas, Walmart associates are receiving approximately $62.6 million in combined bonuses.
- For the full fiscal year, U.S. associates shared more than $625 million in performance-based bonuses, including more than $125.2 million shared by Texas associates.
- Walmart also recently cashed out to associates more than $300 million in unused paid time off (PTO).
Walmart in TexasWalmart's recent pay raises are just one part of the company's local investment and impact. In Texas, the company:
- Operates 593 retail units.
- Spent $50.7 billion with local suppliers, supporting 147,000 supplier jobs in 2017.*
- Paid more than $398.6 million in taxes and collected more than $1.7 billion in sales taxes in 2017.