"To make collaboration experiences better, we needed to make the technology work harder for users," said Andrew Border, Vice President, Communications Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. "Leveraging our expertise in the fields of human perception, machine learning, engineering, and design, Dolby Voice Room was built with the ability to flex to human needs in a way that is simple to use by participants and IT while also delivering a dramatically better experience."Dolby Voice Room is an easy to install, manage, and use solution that intelligently flexes to various scenarios to provide an amazing, natural, and productive meeting experience. It overcomes key challenges faced by meeting participants and IT that hamper productivity such as unintelligible audio, shadowy video, distracting background noise, poorly framed views of participants, and confusing interfaces on jumbled hardware kits. The Dolby® Conference Phone is the centerpiece of the solution. More than a phone, it's the ideal audio and control center for video conferencing. It combines amazing sound quality that accommodates diverse meeting spaces with a sleek user interface to start and manage meetings. Joining the Dolby Conference Phone is the Dolby Voice Camera and Dolby Voice Hub. With these components you have a complete solution that can be installed in as little as 15 minutes. User and management benefits:
- Elegant and intuitive user experience that supports more use cases with fewer devices and allows participants to join, engage, and share content with fewer touches.
- Simplified setup and deployment through intelligent hardware design, minimal components, and automated deployment tools that save IT time.
- Remote device management enables IT to monitor, diagnose, and troubleshoot device behavior more easily and efficiently.
- Dynamic leveling continuously maps room sound to distinguish between speakers and noise, cancels out common room distractions like HVAC or projector hum, and boosts the sound of quiet or distant participants so that everyone is heard.
- HDR (high dynamic range) video mapping adjusts the image to different lighting situations to provide a high-quality representation of the room, overcoming muddled or washed-out images.
- Intelligent scene framing adjusts the framing of the image to give everyone the most relevant view of the meeting by automatically and noiselessly zooming in or out and panning as needed to provide the best view of the meeting.
- Whiteboard view provides exceptional clarity and visibility to remote participants — even when the whiteboard is adjacent to the camera — while ghosting out people as they move in front of the board to aid in legibility.
Dolby Voice Room is expected to be available later this spring to BlueJeans and Highfive customers.Experience the benefits of Dolby Voice Room with this short video. About Dolby Laboratories Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) is based in San Francisco with offices in over 20 countries around the globe. Dolby transforms the science of sight and sound into spectacular experiences. Through innovative research and engineering, we create breakthrough experiences for billions of people worldwide through a collaborative ecosystem spanning artists, businesses, and consumers. The experiences people have - in Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Cinema, Dolby Voice, and Dolby Audio - revolutionize entertainment and communications at the cinema, on the go, in the home, and at work. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Voice, and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Dolby Cinema and Dolby Vision are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. All other trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. DLB-G Media Contacts:Karen HartquistDolby Laboratories+1-415-505-8357 Karen.Hartquist@dolby.com Natalia SandinDolby Laboratories+1-650-201-8814 Natalia.Sandin@dolby.com Photos accompanying this announcement are available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/4b25c240-c464-4d35-8ebc-273a1076d27c http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/104a1ed6-a816-453b-94e1-546feef2c259