- Cisco delivers intent-based networking for the wide area network (WAN) with new analytics and assurance solutions.
- Cisco solutions provide the visibility and insight that allow customers to quickly isolate and resolve issues in the WAN.
- Cisco solutions provide deep learning capabilities that can predict issues before they happen, potentially saving organizations from experiencing costly downtime.
- Cisco ® SD-WAN vAnalytics provide IT with visibility, forecasting for applications and bandwidth planning, "what-if" scenarios, and actionable recommendations.
- Cisco Meraki ™ Insight helps IT administrators optimize the end user experience by providing valuable understanding into WAN and SaaS application performance, significantly reducing the time it takes to isolate and resolve issues.
Cisco provides a full portfolio of services to help accelerate a customer's journey to intent-based networking for the WAN. Services experts help customers create a customized roadmap for success, speed deployment, and maximize network performance.Cisco SD-WAN vAnalytics Today, Cisco is introducing Cisco SD-WAN vAnalytics (based on Viptela® technology). Built as a cloud-based SaaS solution, the technology provides comprehensive data, analysis, and corrective actions across the WAN, including branch offices, multicloud endpoints, and multiple service providers. Using vAnalytics, customers can forecast how potential policy changes to the WAN could affect application performance. It can also provide intelligent recommendations about how to deliver optimal application experiences. For example, with vAnalytics, organizations can now better understand how a rollout of IP-enabled security cameras or a cloud-based application across multiple branch offices could affect WAN infrastructure. vAnalytics can help enterprises identify the stress points and necessary policy changes, helping customers avoid technology growing pains. "With over 600 branch offices and more than 5,000 employees, we rely on cloud applications and an always connected workplace to serve our customers," said Peter Castle, senior network engineer, Reece Ltd. "Our business requires a secure, scalable, and high-performance WAN. With vManage, we can centrally deploy branch applications and services rapidly, and we have been able to dramatically improve branch availability and bandwidth utilization with the rich analytics this platform provides. We are looking forward to the additional functionality we will be able to achieve with the even richer application visibility that vAnalytics will provide us." Cisco Meraki InsightToday, Cisco Meraki is also announcing Meraki Insight, a new tool integrated into the Meraki dashboard to help IT maintain a better end-user experience. The solution provides end-to-end visibility with application and WAN performance analytics. With Meraki Insight, customers can understand and troubleshoot both internal and external issues that can contribute to poor user experience for applications hosted in a remote data center or in the cloud. Meraki Insight helps IT achieve faster time to resolution for performance issues by more accurately pinpointing the source of the problem. "At Extra Space Storage, as we move more and more of our business-critical applications to the cloud, it is imperative to maintain a high-performance network," said Jacob Stimpson, senior analyst, IT Business at Extra Space Storage. "Meraki Insight gives us the network and SaaS application visibility we need to quickly remediate issues and ensure a great end-user experience."
- Cisco SD-WAN vAnalytics is available now via a Cisco SD-WAN license tier.
- Cisco Meraki Insight is expected to be available in Cisco's Q3. It will be available as a separate license.
- Executive blog: Extending Intent-Based Networking to the WAN
- News release: New Predictive Analytics, Assurance Capabilities Advance Cisco's Strategy to Reinvent the Network for Digital Business (January 2018)
- News release: Cisco unveils network of the future that can learn, adapt and evolve (June 2017)
- Read about: Cisco intent-based networking
- RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds