- Germany - The German market already boasts nine Moxy hotels and is set to more than double its portfolio with another sixteen properties due to open by the end of 2019 in key cities such as Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Düsseldorf.
- UK - Following the recent openings of both Moxy London Excel and Moxy London Stratford, the UK expects to see the launch of a further five Moxy hotels by the end of 2018 alone. The brand expects to have all four corners of the country covered, with properties in vibrant destinations that fit the brand's irreverent spirit, such as Edinburgh, Glasgow, York, and Southampton - set to offer bold and experiential stays for fun-hunting travellers.
- Scandinavia - The recent opening of Moxy Oslo X marks the brand's entry into Scandinavia and paves the way for future development in what is a dynamic and growing market for European travel. Further properties in the pipeline include Denmark ( Copenhagen) and Norway (Stavanger).
- Market Entries - In addition to continued growth in existing markets, the Moxy brand will also make its debut in numerous new markets over the next three years, including The Netherlands ( Amsterdam, The Hague), France ( Paris, Lille, Biot), Portugal ( Lisbon), Poland ( Warsaw, Poznan, Katowice and Szczecin), Georgia ( Tbilisi), Switzerland ( Bern and Lausanne) Ireland ( Dublin), and Greece (Patra).
"Moxy is experiencing tremendous growth momentum driven by owners looking to maximize the value of their assets quickly with adaptive, re-use and conversion opportunities," said Carlton Ervin, Chief Development Officer at Marriott International, Europe. "Moxy's flexible design makes it a smart choice for owners, as it easily adapts to a range of development projects, including the transformation of unconventional spaces - a spice warehouse, historical office building or vodka factory, for example - into a stylish, disruptive hotel experience."Note on Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of federal securities laws, including the number of lodging properties the company may add in future years and similar statements concerning possible future events or expectations that are not historical facts. We caution you that these statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including changes in market conditions; changes in global and regional economies; supply and demand changes for hotel rooms; competitive conditions in the lodging industry; relationships with clients and property owners; the availability of capital to finance hotel growth and refurbishment; and other risk factors that the company identifies in its most recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q or annual report on Form 10-K; any of which could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations we express or imply here. We make these statements as of the date of this press release, and we assume no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. About Moxy HotelsMoxy Hotels is Marriott International's new millennial-focused brand that debuted in September 2014 with the opening of the Moxy Milan. A boutique-hotel concept for the next-Gen traveler, Moxy is a fresh and innovative brand combining stylish design and approachable service at an affordable price point. With tech-enabled bedrooms, vibrant lobby spaces and warm, modern service, Moxy aims to surprise travelers with a thoughtful, spirited and fun guest experience. Moxy Hotels is proud to participate in the industry's award-winning loyalty program, Marriott Rewards ® which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards ®. Members can now link accounts with Starwood Preferred Guest ® at members.marriott.com for instant elite status matching and unlimited points transfer. To learn more about Moxy Hotels, visit www.MoxyHotels.com.
- Follow Moxy on Instagram
- Watch Moxy on YouTube
- Engage #AtTheMoxy
- Watch the Moxy Manifesto video here