- Epic Haiku -Thousands of physicians already rely on Dragon Medical embedded in Epic's mobile apps for creating voice-driven clinical documentation on the go. With Nuance's AI-powered virtual assistants, physicians using Epic Haiku will benefit from new virtual assistant-enabled workflows, such as asking for patient information, lab results, medication lists, and visit summaries. This enhanced functionality runs on iOS or Android-enabled mobile devices.
- Epic Rover - Beyond notes entry, nurses using Epic Rover will now also be able to use Nuance's virtual assistant to conversationally interact with flowsheets to enter and confirm patient information, including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation and other vitals. This enhanced functionality runs on iOS or Android-enabled mobile devices.
- Epic Cadence - Scheduling staff, including those with physical disabilities, will be able to converse with Nuance's virtual assistant, to check physician schedules and create, look up, and cancel patient appointments using voice and natural dialogue.
- Building on Dragon Medical, which is trusted by more than 500,000 clinicians worldwide to accurately create and communicate more than 300 million patient stories a year
- Providing pre-built skills delivered through conversational dialogues that automate high-value clinical workflows, including secure search and navigation of the patient chart, clinical and administrative tasks, place orders, facilitate communications, manage schedules, and unobtrusively capture clinical documentation across a wide range of general and specialty workflows
- Deeply integrating with EHR workflows that clinicians use every day
- Innovating a specialized smart speaker prototype that is connected to the Dragon Medical cloud and optimized for complex medical conversations and ambient speech use cases
- Utilizing Nuance's award-winning voice biometrics capabilities for advanced security and clinician usability
- Leveraging the HITRUST CSF certified Microsoft Azure cloud hosting platform and the industry's first and only HITRUST CSF certified healthcare speech recognition platform for enhanced performance, privacy, and overall HIPAA compliance
To see AI in action and a demonstration of these unique capabilities that unburden care teams, visit Nuance booth #1143 and Epic Booth #4432 at HIMSS 2018, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 5-8, 2018.About Nuance HealthcareNuance provides intelligent systems that support a more natural and insightful approach to clinical documentation, freeing clinicians to spend more time caring for patients. Nuance healthcare solutions capture, improve, and communicate more than 300 million patient stories each year helping more than 500,000 clinicians in 10,000 global healthcare organizations to drive meaningful clinical and financial outcomes. Nuance's award-winning clinical speech recognition, medical transcription, CDI, coding, quality, and medical imaging solutions provide a more complete and accurate view of patient care. About Nuance Communications, Inc.Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users, and thousands of businesses experience Nuance's proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com. Trademark reference: Nuance and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Media Contact Information Palmer ReutherCorporate Communications, Nuance Healthcare978-697-9227 email@example.com ________________________________ 1Survey data on file