TORONTO, March 2, 2018 /CNW/ - RBC today released its 2017 Corporate Citizenship - ESG Investor Report and Public Accountability Statement, highlighting RBC's commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities, and our purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Both documents are now available online. The Corporate Citizenship - ESG Investor Report provides investors and other stakeholders with information about RBC priorities and key performance indicators, while highlighting relevant environmental, social and governance topics. It also outlines RBC's commitment to the following priority areas: governance and integrity, value for clients, value for employees, value for society and environment sustainability. The 2017 Public Accountability Statement outlines RBC's contribution to the economy and society in Canada which are key measures supporting RBC's purpose to help clients thrive and communities prosper. "As a purpose-led organization, RBC is committed to addressing the complex and challenging societal issues that matter to our clients and impact the communities they live and work in," said Valerie Chort, Vice President, RBC Corporate Citizenship. "We've been reimagining the role corporations can play in society and are proud that RBC is playing a leadership role." Among the many examples of RBC's impact throughout the report, key highlights include:
- 16 consecutive years on the FTSE4Good Index
- 13 consecutive years on the Dow Jones Sustainability North American Index.
- VigeoEIRIS World 120 Index member
- Ranking highest in Customer Satisfaction Among the Big Five Retail Banks' for the second year in a row in the Canadian Retail Banking Satisfaction Study (J.D. Power)
- Member of the 2017 Bloomberg Financial Services Gender-Equality Index (BFGEI)
- Listing as one of Canada's Greenest Employers (Mediacorp Canada Inc.)