- Energy management programs, which engages employees in monitoring and reducing energy consumption at Kimberly-Clark's manufacturing sites globally.
- Agreements to purchase approximately 245 megawatts of electricity from two wind power projects in Texas and Oklahoma, equivalent to about one-third of the electricity needs of Kimberly-Clark's North American manufacturing operations.
- Six large-scale electricity cogeneration facilities with waste heat recovery, including two projects under construction at the company's Mobile, Alabama and Puenta Piedra, Peru manufacturing facilities (both due to start-up in 2019).
- Four biomass thermal energy generating plants that provide steam for the company's tissue operations.
- More than 350 energy initiatives completed by the company across its operations since 2015.
i According to US EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies calculations.View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kimberly-clark-recognized-for-energy-and-climate-leadership-300606746.html SOURCE Kimberly-Clark Corporation