- Factors of Talent Attraction at Two Credit Unions: A Field Study: Despite a large percentage of individuals in the labor force expressing interest in working for a company that makes a social impact, recruiting within credit unions remains a key challenge. This natural field experiment within a set of credit unions will test the effectiveness of current recruiting practices.
- Credit Union Board Composition: Desires and Practices: This research aims to help credit union leadership identify key traits they seek in candidates and define values and soft skills that impact these traits in order to build a diverse board equipped to attract talent with well-rounded backgrounds, ideas and expertise.
"As we continue to grow The Cooperative Trust and Crash opportunities, we're always challenging ourselves to elevate and advance the program to provide the most impact for young professionals and the credit union system," said Lauren Culp, manager, The Cooperative Trust. "Visa has played a valuable role in helping ensure young people have a voice and are included in the conversation as we look to the future of our industry."Program highlights to date include:
- The Cooperative Trust received the 2017 Herb Wegner Award for Outstanding Program, the highest national honors for the credit union movement that celebrates programs that put belief into action.
- Five Crashers selected in the top 15 of the Next Top Credit Union Executive Competition.
- Over 130 Crashers participating in credit union events across the U.S., including hands on experience at Visa's Innovation Center in San Francisco.
- Expanded online and offline resources including a new mentorship program, a refreshed website and online community, and additional Crash events.