The G1000H NXi boasts many new and enhanced operational features and optional capabilities, including:
- WireAware wire-strike avoidance technology that graphically overlays the most comprehensive powerline information right on the moving map page for the U.S. as well as some locations in both Canada and Mexico.
- HTAWS with five-color display shading and audible voice callout alerts for powerlines as well as potential terrain and obstacle hazards along the flight path.
- Helicopter Route Charts are offered throughout eight U.S. metropolitan areas, including the Gulf of Mexico, and provide three-color charts that depict helicopter airways and routes, heliports with associated frequency and lighting capabilities, NAVAID information, obstructions and more. For a faster, more intuitive way of judging target trajectories and closure rates in relation to the flight path, ADS-B-enabled TargetTrend™ is available and especially ideal for picking out the real threats when in dense traffic environments.
- ADS-B-enabled TerminalTraffic™ for helicopters recognizes the unique operational requirements of these airframes within the airport environment and is optimized to keep "nuisance" alerts to a minimum - while maintaining pilot awareness of potential traffic conflicts. Alerts from nearby fixed-wing aircraft are minimized and abbreviated when the helicopter is hovering or performing other maneuvers unique to helicopter operations.
- Connext® cockpit connectivity with added Database Concierge and flight plan transferring with a compatible tablet or smartphone that automatically uploads and syncs databases.
- HSI mapping that puts a multifunction display (MFD) like perspective map view within the primary flight display (PFD) to help pilots focus on instrumentation scan, enabling them to better visualize nearby flight and enroute navigation features, especially when things get busy in the cockpit.
- Visual approach generates a three-degree vertical path from the threshold of the runway down to pilot-selectable minimums.
- HSVT displays an "out-of-the-window" view of the surroundings, regardless of the weather conditions. This synthetic vision seamlessly blends information about the helicopter's position with topographic databases to create and display real-time 3-D images. Land, water and sky are clearly differentiated with shading and textures that are similar to the topographical colors found on the MFD moving map. HSVT alerts pilots of potential ground hazards by displaying terrain, obstacles and powerlines which pose a threat to the aircraft.
The G1000H NXi is supported by Garmin's award-winning aviation product support team, which provides 24/7 worldwide technical and warranty support. For additional information about the G1000H NXi or Garmin's complete line of helicopter products, visit www.garmin.com/helicopters.Garmin's aviation business segment is a leading provider of solutions to OEM, aftermarket, military and government customers. Garmin's portfolio includes navigation, communication, flight control, hazard avoidance, an expansive suite of ADS-B solutions and other products and services that are known for innovation, reliability, and value. For more information about Garmin's full line of avionics, go to www.garmin.com/aviation. For decades, Garmin has pioneered new GPS navigation and wireless devices and applications that are designed for people who live an active lifestyle. Garmin serves five primary business units, including automotive, aviation, fitness, marine, and outdoor recreation. For more information, visit Garmin's virtual pressroom at garmin.com/newsroom, contact the Media Relations department at 913-397-8200, or follow us at facebook.com/garmin, twitter.com/garmin, or youtube.com/garmin. About Garmin Garmin International Inc. is a subsidiary of Garmin Ltd. (Nasdaq: GRMN). Garmin Ltd. is incorporated in Switzerland, and its principal subsidiaries are located in the United States, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Garmin and G1000H are registered trademarks and WireAware, TargetTrend and TerminalTraffic are trademarks of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Notice on Forward-Looking Statements This release includes forward-looking statements regarding Garmin Ltd. and its business. Such statements are based on management's current expectations. The forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this release may not occur and actual results could differ materially as a result of known and unknown risk factors and uncertainties affecting Garmin, including, but not limited to, the risk factors listed in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016, filed by Garmin with the Securities and Exchange Commission (Commission file number 0-31983). A copy of such Form 10-K is available at www.garmin.com/aboutGarmin/invRelations/finReports.html. No forward-looking statement can be guaranteed. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and Garmin undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.