BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS 2018 -- In the move towards a fully functional 5G network filled with a variety of technologies and capabilities, a few questions remain. Thus, a panel including Alan Carlton of InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC) at Mobile World Congress 2018 will take on core versus edge; what evolution will be more important; just how intertwined will it be; and where will the greatest value be derived. "Debate: Do 5G Business Cases Depend More on Core or Edge Upgrades?" will explore the business cases to be built around 5G technologies, and how that can influence the timings and technology roadmap of operators globally. Dr. Qi Bi, President, China Telecom Technology Innovation Center, China Telecom, will moderate the dynamic debate among the following representatives from industry leaders:
- Alan Carlton, Vice President, InterDigital Labs, InterDigital;
- Angela Singhal Whiteford, Vice President, Marketing, Affirmed Networks;
- Balazs Bertenyi, Chairman, TSG RAN, 3GPP;
- Durga Malladi, Senior Vice President, Engineering, Qualcomm;
- Hayim Porat, Chief Technology Officer, ECI Telecom; and
- Tommy Bjorkberg, Chief Technology Officer, Western Europe, ZTE.
For more information, visit: www.interdigital.com.InterDigital Contact:Patrick Van de WilleEmail: email@example.com +1 (858) 210-4814