- More efficient transport network utilization: better matching of transport services with changing journey requirements and improved understanding and management of disruptions;
- Improved traveler / customer experiences: travel services that are focused around the needs of the traveler;
- Better infrastructure planning: deeper insight into travel patterns resulting in better long-term transport investment decisions; and
- Greater integration with adjacent sectors: improved transport efficiencies with benefits to health and social care delivery, manufacturing, environment, energy management, education and business.
The commercial service is based off of the two-year oneTRANSPORT project, which brought together more than 300 different datasets, coordinated eleven public and private partners' activities, and which was recognized with 9 global awards. The oneTRANSPORT data marketplace operates on the Chordant™ platform, a standardized cloud-based system built for real-time data, supported by a commercial framework that makes open data sharing simple for any organization. The marketplace provides numerous service features including:
- "Publish once, distribute to many" architecture, enabling the efficient distribution of real-time data by data owners to any other organization without placing additional strain on existing IT systems;
- Choice of Open Data licenses, allowing organizations to control what data they license and on what terms;
- Cloud storage and archiving of real-time data, creating historical records for analysis and machine learning;
- Options for monetizing valuable data; and
- APIs based on the international global IoT standards, preventing proprietary-system lock-in.
Attendees of Mobile World Congress can see the oneTRANSPORT data marketplace in operation at InterDigital's pavilion in Hall 7, Stand 7C61. For more information, please visit oneTRANSPORT.io.About InterDigital ® InterDigital develops mobile technologies that are at the core of devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400 ® index. InterDigital is a registered trademark of InterDigital, Inc. Chordant and oneTRANSPORT are trademarks of InterDigital. For more information, visit: www.interdigital.com. InterDigital Contact:Patrick Van de WilleEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (858) 210-4814