- EBJ - Large Firms, Gold ($1B) Business Achievement: For creating a $15 billion professional services leader focused on delivering innovative solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. The acquisition of CH2M unites two industry-leading, innovative companies with complementary capabilities, cultures and relationships, resulting in a differentiated, end-to-end value proposition for clients and partners.
- EBJ - Technology Merit: GIS and Mobile Data Solutions - Collection, Analysis, Visualization and Reporting Technology for Linear Projects: For teaming GIS technologists, site planning and permitting professionals to create a customized, near real-time field data collection and reporting program that increases data integrity, accessibility, transparency and flexibility while decreasing reporting levels of effort by 90 percent.
- EBJ - Technology Merit: Autonomous and connected vehicle policy framework: For working with Nevada Department of Transportation to develop a vision and collaborative policy framework for autonomous vehicle (AV) and connected vehicle (CV) initiatives, connecting Nevada through smart infrastructure and using transportation as a launch point for Smart Cities, Smart Regions and Smart States.
- EBJ - New Technical Practice: Emerging Contaminants: For culmination of a 5-year program to establish industry leadership in emerging contaminants (PFAS & 1,4-dioxane) found in drinking water worldwide. In 2017, the firm was selected for Society of American Military Engineers National Environmental Committee Vice Chair for Emerging Issues; Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council Writing Co-Lead, PFAS Remediation; spokesperson U.S. EPA Emerging Contaminants Workshop; and worked on 40 EC projects, doubling average annual revenue growth for five years.
- EBJ - Industry Leadership: Envision Programmatic framework, planning and designing resilient infrastructure: For developing a Resiliency and Sustainability Framework for infrastructure, with comprehensive program development and decision support system. Cities like Los Angeles, California are using the framework to evaluate economic, environmental and social impacts of infrastructure projects, resulting in consistent, predictable, resilient outcomes that reduce costs and align stakeholders.
- CCBJ - Consulting and Engineering Climate Adaptation and Resilience: For completing the first phase of the Thames Estuary Asset Management 2100 (TEAM 2100) system, the iconic barrier infrastructure that protects London from tidal flooding. The UK Environment Agency's largest flood-risk management program and one of UK's top infrastructure projects, extends flood protection service until 2070, yet reduces whole-life costs of up £100 million over 10 years.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE:JEC) has been awarded six business achievement awards by the Environmental Business Journal (EBJ) and the Climate Change Business Journal (CCBJ). The prestigious industry awards span achievement in professional services, technology, industry leadership and consulting and engineering. The Jacobs team, combined with CH2M (acquired by Jacobs on December 15, 2017), will receive the EBJ and CCBJ awards at the 16th Annual Environmental Industry Summit on March 21-23, in San Diego, California. Jacobs' technical experts will also participate as featured panelists at the summit. "We are proud to be recognized as a market leader in environmental solutions, climate adaptation, technology, resilience and sustainable infrastructure," said Aerospace, Technology, Environmental and Nuclear Senior Vice President and General Manager Global Environmental Solutions Jan Walstrom. "Our award-winning industry leadership contributions are a testament to the business vision and sustainable approach of our combined Jacobs and CH2M team, and the projects we deliver for our clients." In conferring the awards, EBJ and CCBJ recognized the company for a broad spectrum of awards including: