January 2018's Top 3 'Most Wanted' Malware: *The arrows relate to the change in rank compared to the previous month.
- ¿ Coinhive - Crypto-Miner designed to perform online mining of Monero cryptocurrency when a user visits a web page without the user's approval.
- ¿ Fireball - Browser-hijacker that can be turned into a full-functioning malware downloader.
- ¿ Rig ek - Rig delivers Exploits for Flash, Java, Silverlight and Internet Explorer
- Lokibot - Android banking Trojan and info-stealer, which can also turn into a ransomware that locks the phone.
- Triada - Modular Backdoor for Android which grants superuser privileges to downloaded malware.
- Hiddad - Android malware which repackages legitimate apps then releases them to a third-party store.