"Semtech works closely with technology partners to enable an infinite amount of IoT use cases," said Vivek Mohan, Director, Wireless and Sensing Products Group at Semtech. "With Lacuna extending the LoRaWAN network into space, more users will develop global solutions for assets that need long range and low power capabilities to build a smarter planet."Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: Enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 10 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN open protocol, provided by the LoRa Alliance™, ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn how LoRa Technology enables IoT, visit Semtech's LoRa site.
- Engage with the LoRa Community, a platform for thousands of IoT and M2M technologists, developers, end users, and solution providers, to access exclusive content.
- Enter your products in the LoRa Catalog to showcase your IoT solution.
- Join the LoRa Alliance, one of the fastest growing Internet of Things (IoT) alliances with over 500 members.
- Contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
Ronda GrechSemtech Corporation(805) 250-1263 firstname.lastname@example.orgA photo accompanying this announcement is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/392f26d9-e606-4316-b2ed-03b28cda664c The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.