"WaterBit's LoRa-based sensors have already been deployed on various crops throughout Central California," said Vivek Mohan, Director, Wireless and Sensing Products Group at Semtech. "WaterBit's irrigation solution will help streamline farming operations and increase overall productivity. With increasing demands of crop yields and closely monitoring overhead costs, more commercial farms are relying on IoT technology, such as Semtech's LoRa Technology , to help them grow their business."Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: Enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 10 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN open protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.
- Learn how LoRa Technology enables IoT, visit Semtech's LoRa site.
- Engage with the LoRa Community, a platform for thousands of IoT and M2M technologists, developers, end users, and solution providers, to access exclusive content.
- The LoRa Catalog showcases the products you need for building your ideal IoT application.
- Contact Semtech's support team for technical support or general product inquiries.
- Follow Semtech on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
Ronda GrechSemtech Corporation(805) 250-1263 firstname.lastname@example.orgA photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/0fab045e-6d6b-456a-9696-091c1f810c46 The photo is also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com , and via AP PhotoExpress.