As part of the agreement, Humana will offer numerous services to VFW members, which will provide access to healthcare coverage information.These will include:
- Hosting Medicare seminars annually during Medicare's Fall Annual Election Period (Oct. 15 through Dec. 7).
- Conducting educational seminars throughout the year to inform VFW members of their Medicare options.
- Providing VFW members with access to Humana's Medicare Advantage (MA), Prescription Drug Plan (PDP), and Medicare Supplement information and enrollment capabilities which incorporate web-based tools, in-home appointments, call centers, educational seminars, and self-enrollment.
- In addition to providing quality health care benefits to veterans and their families, Humana is committed to employing veterans and their spouses, and has hired more than 4,000 veterans and military spouses since 2011.
- Humana Military was awarded the TRICARE East Region contract which covers 6 million lives across a 30-state region. This is the largest TRICARE contract to date and it takes effect Jan. 1, 2018.
- Humana has donated $1 million to the Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities, a national program that offers cutting-edge training in entrepreneurship and small-business management at no cost to post-9/11 veterans.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools - such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions - combine to produce a simplified experience with the goal of making health care easier to navigate and more effective.More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company's web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases and conference calls
- Calendar of events
- Corporate Governance information