- "Verizon's performance in our national testing was once again outstanding and far stronger than that of any other carrier."
- "Verizon shines at the national level, winning or sharing awards in all six categories… A remarkable achievement: Verizon has won the Overall RootScore Award outright for nine consecutive test periods."
- "Verizon leads the way - earning far more State RootScore Awards than any other carrier in each of our six performance categories."
- "Verizon earns far more state-level awards than any other network."
- Our network remains undefeated in all categories including overall network performance, reliability, speed, data, calls and text.
- We were unbeaten in overall performance in 45 states.
- Our results at the state level more than double that of our next-closest competitor. As the report states: "Verizon won or shared a remarkable 249 State RootScore Awards out of 300 possible award opportunities in the second half of 2017."
- In cities across the country, our network was unbeaten 93 percent of the time in network reliability performance - a total of 116 (out of 125) Network Reliability RootScore Awards for the third consecutive test period.
Predictable excellence for our customersWe engineer, build and maintain our network for predictable excellence, meaning Verizon provides the largest 4G LTE coverage, unparalleled reliability, and the most consistently fast speeds. Our ongoing investment in the latest technologies and software platforms and our industry-leading team of dedicated and talented engineers have come together to ensure our customers have the best reliability, coverage, speed and streaming experience.Building the futureIn 2017, Verizon accomplished a series of industry technology firsts through the deployment of LTE Advanced network features which provide increased capacity and even faster peak speeds. These advancements serve as foundational stepping stones on the way to 5G and provide tangible benefits today while laying the groundwork for our next generation network. Verizon is changing the game by exploring new use cases with 5G technology. This past Sunday, Verizon chairman and CEO Lowell McAdam and Korea Telecom chairman and CEO Chang-Gyu Hwang successfully conducted the first-ever pre-commercial 5G video call on two fully functioning prototype 5G tablets from Samsung. Just last week in Minneapolis, we streamed a live stereoscopic virtual reality experience by transmitting multiple 4K and HD video streams over 5G, delivering a truly interactive, immersive experience and taking VR as we know it to a whole new level. Last week, we also demonstrated 5G's extremely low latency with two pro football players using real-time, network-based, first-person cameras to test the latency of 5G, knowing that milliseconds can make a difference between catching a football or not. Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) (Nasdaq:VZ), headquartered in New York City, has a diverse workforce of 160,900 and generated nearly $126 billion in 2016 revenues. Verizon operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 114.2 million retail connections nationwide. The company also provides communications and entertainment services over mobile broadband and the nation's premier all-fiber network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide.
VERIZON'S ONLINE NEWS CENTER: News releases, feature stories, executive biographies and media contacts are available at Verizon's online News Center at www.verizon.com/news/. News releases are also available through an RSS feed. To subscribe, visit www.verizon.com/about/rss-feeds/ .Rankings based on the RootMetrics US National, State, and Metro RootScore Reports: 2H 2017. Tested with best commercially available smartphones on 4 national mobile networks across all available network types. Your experiences may vary. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of Verizon. Visit www.rootmetrics.com for more details.Quotes from RootMetrics special reports "Mobile performance in the US part 1: performance across the entire US 2H 2017" and "Mobile performance in the US part 2: performance across the 50 states 2H 2017". *Verizon Wireless received the highest numerical score among wireless service providers in the J.D. Power 2017 (V1 & V2) & 2018 (V1) U.S. Wireless Network Quality Performance Studies. 2018 V1 study is based on 38,595 total responses, measuring the network quality experienced by customers with wireless phones, surveyed July-December 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com **Based on Verizon interpretation of Nielsen Video Test data collected nationally between 10/1/17 and 12/31/17 Media contact: Laura Merritt614-561-2605Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org twitter.com/MerrittLBliss