- Tamiflu does not prevent bacterial infections that may happen with the flu.
- Tamiflu is not recommended for people with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) who are not receiving dialysis.
- Tamiflu is not a substitute for an annual flu vaccination.
- Do not take Tamiflu if you are allergic to oseltamivir phosphate or any of the ingredients in Tamiflu.
- If you have an allergic reaction or a severe rash with Tamiflu, stop taking it and contact your doctor right away. This may be very serious
- People with the flu, particularly children and adolescents, may be at an increased risk of seizure, confusion, or abnormal behavior early during their illness
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant, nursing, have heart problems, breathing problems, a weakened immune system (immunocompromised), kidney problems or other medical conditions as Tamiflu may not be right for you
- Also tell your doctor about any medications you are taking or if you've received a nasal-spray flu vaccine in the past two weeks
- The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, headache and pain
Patients are encouraged to report side effects to Genentech by calling 1-888-835-2555 or to the FDA by visiting www.fda.gov/medwatch or calling 1-800-FDA-1088.About Inside RxHeadquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, Inside Rx provides affordable access to prescription medication for the uninsured and those navigating the changing healthcare landscape. Powered by our parent company, Express Scripts, and working collaboratively across the pharmacy supply chain, Inside Rx delivers access to a broad list of branded medications that treat many common, chronic health conditions. Visit www.insiderx.com, or follow us @Inside_Rx on Twitter, to learn more. Media Contact: Jennifer Luddy(908) 794-9226 firstname.lastname@example.org Ann SmithCoyne Public Relations(973) 588-2385 email@example.com View original content: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inside-rx-provides-savings-on-influenza-medications-300593061.html SOURCE Inside Rx