The NFL Sanctioned Super Bowl Gospel Celebration (SBGC) kicked-off Super Bowl 52 with its 19 th Annual star-studded music jubilation live taping on Thursday, February 1, 2018, at the Benson Great Hall at Bethel University in St. Paul, Minnesota. The sold-out concert brought together key NFL Players, top Gospel/Contemporary Christian and mainstream GRAMMY® Award-winning artists and special guests all on one stage to bring audiences an evening of uplifting music and inspirational messages. This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180202005524/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)The 1-hr special will air on the BET for the fifth consecutive year on Saturday, February 3rd, 2018 at 11:00 p.m. ET. Highlights from the show include:
- Show opening performance by Sounds of Blackness featuring Sheila E., Erica Campbell and Ann Nesby performing a medley of songs including "Glorious," "Be Optimistic" and "I Believe."
- In his first live performance off of his forthcoming Gospel album, Snoop Dogg Presents the Bible Of Love, Snoop Dogg took the stage to perform with Rance Allen, The Clark Sisters, and Tye Tribbett performing "Blessed and "Highly Favored," "You," "Blessing Me Again" and "Saved."
- The Twin Cities' Mayors of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Melvin Carter and Jacob Frey were in attendance for a special introduction of Snoop Dogg's performance.
- The NFL Players Choir took the stage to celebrate their 10 th Anniversary under the direction of Myron Butler, performing with Donnie McClurkin to sing "Not About Us," "I Almost Let Go" and "I Will Call Upon the Lord."
- Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson was honored with the first-ever Faith in Action Award.
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald received the Lifetime of Inspiration Award, with his father Larry Fitzgerald, Sr. accepting the award on his behalf.
About BET NetworksBET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B ), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel is in nearly 85 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, sub-Saharan Africa and France. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions including BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; BET HER (formerly CENTRIC), a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET Networks around the globe.