Value-Enhancing TransactionBased upon the trailing twelve-month results through December 31, 2017, (excluding purchase price accounting adjustments), the combined entity has (in U.S. dollars):
- Pro forma revenue of $48.2 million
- Pro forma bookings of $51.0 million
- Pro forma non-GAAP net income of $2.3 million
- Enhances Datawatch's financial profile. More than 80% of Angoss revenue is recurring, with industry-leading retention rates, which aids predictability. The transaction is expected to be accretive to Datawatch in fiscal 2019 on a non-GAAP earnings per share basis, although dilutive in fiscal 2018 due to certain purchase accounting adjustments related to deferred revenue.
- Expands Datawatch's addressable market. Gartner projects that the data science platform market, which is nearly three times as large as the self-service data preparation market, will grow at a CAGR of 11% through 2021.
- Extends the Monarch platform. Angoss' data science platform is a natural extension of the Monarch data preparation platform, and allows Datawatch to unify the analytics experience for business analysts through to data scientists.
- Strengthens the company's presence in financial services. A significant number of Angoss' customers are in the financial services industry, which also represents more than 30% of Datawatch's business today. Many of Angoss' financial services customers are existing Datawatch customers, which presents significant cross-sell and upsell opportunities.