- A foreword by Timothy Geithner, Former United States Secretary of the Treasury
- A new chapter on why this plan is effective for employers
- Proven results from scores by the Tax Policy Center at The Urban Institute on the plan's effects on deficits and taxes
- Focus group test results from a broad spectrum of US citizens
- Feedback from the first edition to make the plan more actionable and successful
- Input from peer reviews by experts in the field
"Rescuing Retirement presents a thoughtful and compelling view of how the current retirement system is failing our people—and offers a thought-provoking, pragmatic approach to substantially enhancing retirement security for every American," said Robert Rubin, 70th U.S. Treasury Secretary.A first edition of this book was originally published in September 2016. Tony James is President and Chief Operating Officer of Blackstone, one of the world's leading investment firms, which manages money for over 80 percent of participants in U.S. pension plans. He is a member of Blackstone's Management Committee and sits on each of the firm's investment committees. Mr. James is also the Chairman of the Board of Costco Wholesale Corporation and has served on a number of other corporate and non-profit Boards. Teresa Ghilarducci is a leading expert on retirement security and is the Bernard L. and Irene Schwartz Professor of Economics at the New School for Social Research and the director of the Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis and the New School's Retirement Equity Lab. She is the author of When I'm Sixty-Four: The Plot Against Pensions and the Plan to Save Them (2008) and How to Retire with Enough Money: And How to Know What Enough is (2015).