- Steelcase and Microsoft Corp. joined forces to explore the future of work, developing "Creative Spaces," a range of technology-enabled spaces designed to help organizations foster creative thinking and better collaboration.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Steelcase earned a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index.
- Steelcase was named a multinational finalist in the 2018 Circulars awards, an initiative of the World Economic Forum recognizing companies leading the way to a circular economy.
- At NeoCon, an annual industry event, the Steelcase showroom was named "Best Large Showroom" by the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and Contract magazine. Six products were recognized with awards.
- The company opened its Munich Learning + Innovation Center (LINC) to propel global growth, and announced relationships with FLOS, Bolia, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams and Blu Dot.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fortune has recognized Steelcase (NYSE:SCS) as one of its 2018 "World's Most Admired Companies" in the Home Equipment and Furnishings industry sector. Steelcase earned the third spot in the category, alongside Whirlpool, Stanley Black & Decker, Newell Brands and other notable companies. Businesses featured on the Most Admired list are ranked by business experts through surveys, and represent excellence in nine criteria. Steelcase received high scores in the Innovation, Social Responsibility, Quality of Management, Financial Soundness and Quality of Products/Services categories. "This recognition reflects the caliber of our employees around the world, whose commitment, creativity and innovation delight our customers every day," said Jim Keane, President and CEO of Steelcase. Highlights from the past year that reflect the company's overall high marks include: