Assessments That Help Organizations Navigate Toward SuccessThe playbook offers organizations a detailed assessment that helps them evaluate the impact of external forces and catalog existing enterprise assets for every constituent across the organization. It helps plot a course to institute the teams, processes, and architecture required to build an Intelligent Enterprise and launch an organization's journey to success. Intelligence Platform for App Development The map of the Intelligent Enterprise takes feedback from hundreds of MicroStrategy's leading customers and partners into account, and recognizes the need for a modern platform to build, deploy, and maintain intelligence applications. This playbook underscores the importance of being able to quickly overcome challenges and build applications on top of existing enterprise assets and data investments. It outlines the following components of an Intelligent Enterprise:
- Platform Services encompassing critical capabilities to deploy analytics and mobility applications with high performance and scalability on top of enterprise assets.
- Application Services comprised of a suite of enterprise-caliber add-on services available for architects to quickly and easily integrate into any application.
- Reusable Schema captured in business terms that maps to enterprise assets and abstracts complexities of the underlying data to allow rapid development.
- Federated, Certified Data published to enterprise architects, and departmental analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Applications that are containers of actionable intelligence, packaged and published to the enterprise and departments.
- Security that includes capabilities enabling the development of personalized and secured applications incorporating multi-factor, multi-layer authentication.
A Foundation to Deliver Business SuccessIn order to establish the foundation for the Intelligent Enterprise, the playbook recommends implementing the following intelligent techniques:
- an intelligence architecture that supports ad-hoc and departmental analytics, as well as enterprise applications;
- an intelligence center that comprises a team of expert architects who maintain the platform and intelligent processes; and,
- an intelligence program that consists of enterprise best practices to build, deploy, and operate.