With global stock markets surging, it's no small surprise that supercar maker Lamborghini is fresh off another strong year of sales.
Lamborghini said this week that worldwide sales rose a solid 10% in 2017, marking the seventh straight year of gains. Europe was the hottest market for Lambo, notching a sales gain of 18%. Asia and America saw sales increases of 9% and 4%, respectively.
"It's a great moment [for us]," Lamborghini chairman and CEO Stefano Domenicali told TheStreet when asked how the stock market is helping lift supercar sales.
It may be a great time for Lamborghini right now, but that doesn't mean it will be plowing its profits into developing a driverless car. "I don't see a driverless Lamborghini happening," Domenicali said, adding that Lamborghini is instead investing in making its cars more intuitive for its fearless drivers. "The experience of driving a Lamborghini is a must for its customer base."
Domenicali did confirm that Lamborghini's next step is a hybrid, a necessary move before unleashing a fully electric model.
As for a brewing rivaling with electric car maker Tesla (TSLA) , which is set to unleash a new $200,000 Roadster in the not too distant future.
"In life, you don't underestimate anyone," said Domenicali.
Subscribe to TheStreet on Youtube and enjoy more videos!
Check out TheStreet's Other Influencer Interviews
- Federal Reserve's Neel Kashkari: Why the Banks Don't Like Our New Research
- PayPal CEO Says Bitcoin 'Unsuitable' - Here's What He's Really Excited About
- Canada Goose CEO: The Whole Year Has Been Exhilarating
- General Mills CEO: We Are Doing What We Said We Would Do
- CME Group CEO: What Our Bitcoin Futures Trading Launch Really Means
- Why Walmart's CEO Is Excited About His Order of New Tesla Semi Trucks
- Walmart CEO: We Are Changing and Wall Street Is Taking Notice
- Former NY Yankees Slugger Alex Rodriguez Reveals One Homerun Investment Tip
- Kiss Rocker Gene Simmons Has Made Amazing Calls on Stocks -- Here's His Newest
- What Rapper, TV Star Ice-T Learned From Two Powerful Business Moguls