"Dexcom is thrilled to work with UnitedHealthcare to bring this program to people living with diabetes," said Steve Pacelli, Dexcom's executive vice president of strategy and corporate development. "The insights that CGM and this program provide can drive significant value to both patients and care providers in helping to better manage diabetes."UnitedHealthcare serves more than 4.3 million people in Medicare Advantage plans, 4.9 million people through its portfolio of Part D prescription drug plans, and 4.4 million beneficiaries through its Medicare supplement plans. Nationwide, UnitedHealthcare serves one in five Medicare beneficiaries 3. UnitedHealthcare at CES 2018 UnitedHealthcare will demonstrate new technologies designed to help simplify the consumer health care experience by making information more accessible through personal technology devices including computers, smartphones and wearables. UnitedHealthcare's 3,500-square-foot booth is located in the Sands Convention Center, adjacent to the Digital Health Stage (Hall A - 43731). Numerous digital innovations will be demonstrated, including UnitedHealthcare Motion®, the UnitedHealthcare Healthy Pregnancy™ mobile app, Virtual Visits and health and well-being solution Rally®. Conference attendees will also participate in a fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada. For each mile cycled on the in-booth stationary bikes, UnitedHealthcare will donate $1 to the Club, up to $25,000. The donation will be delivered to the Club, along with 150 bike helmets, Monday, Jan. 15. At CES 2018, executives from UnitedHealthcare, Optum and Rally Health will speak, including:
- Paul Sterling, vice president of emerging products at UnitedHealthcare, will participate in a panel hosted by CNET.com about empowering patients with connected technology on Tuesday, Jan. 9, at 3 p.m. at the Las Vegas Convention Center (North Hall).
- Dr. Richard Migliori will participate in a panel - "The Vicious Spiral: How Will the Opioid Crisis End?" - Wednesday, Jan. 10, at 10:45 a.m. at the Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4304.
- Pat Keran, vice president of innovation and research & development at Optum (a UnitedHealth Group company), will participate in a panel - "Predictive Analytics: The New Clairvoyant Caregiver" - Wednesday, Jan. 10, at 2:15 p.m. at the Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4304.
- Mike Jacobs, senior distinguished engineer at Optum, will participate in a fireside chat - "Healthcare Has Problems: Blockchain Has Answers" - Thursday, Jan. 11, at 10 a.m. at the Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4304.
- Rebecca Madsen, UnitedHealthcare chief consumer officer, will participate in a fireside chat - "UnitedHealthcare Rallies Data into Action" - Thursday, Jan. 11, at 10:35 a.m. at the Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4304. She will be joined by Shawn Mobley, Rally Health Inc. chief revenue officer.
- Kirsti Lay, a professional cyclist for Rally Cycling and former Olympian, and Sara Bergen, a Rally Cycling team rider and two-time World Championship participant, will participate in Q&A sessions on Thursday, Jan. 11, and Friday, Jan. 12, at 1 p.m. The cyclists will discuss the connection between technology and athletic training and performance.
These events are only for educational purposes.1 CMS Data, August 2017, and NAIC statutory filings, December 2016. 2 https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf 3 UnitedHealthcare internal data (unique lives only), 2017.