- There are 27 solar generating facilities on 4,683 acres, which equates to about 444 MW of solar capacity either in operation or under development in the Commonwealth.
- The construction of another 300 MW of solar is planned to support Facebook's eighth data center in the U.S., to be located in Henrico County .
- As part of its Solar Partnership Program, company-owned rooftop or ground-mounted solar arrays are installed on leased commercial properties, such as Philip Morris, Capital One, Prologis, Canon, Merck and various educational institutions.
- Large-scale solar facilities up to 100 MW in size are sprinkled across the state and are done in partnership with the Commonwealth of Virginia, the U.S. Navy, University of Virginia, Microsoft and Amazon.
- Residential customers are participating in a private solar program that allows them to offset their energy usage with their own rooftop solar generating system.
- There are 13 projects totaling 353 MW that Dominion Energy has brought or is bringing online in North Carolina by 2019. Additionally, there are 82 projects owned by third-party developers that are operating or being developed totaling 550 MW.
Nationally, Dominion Energy has nearly 2,700 megawatts of solar generating capacity in operation or under development in nine states, including offtake agreements for the company's utility customers.About Dominion Energy Dominion Energy (NYSE:D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 15,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,600 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion Energy operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers. For more information about Dominion Energy, visit the company's website at www.dominionenergy.com. View original content with multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/1-billion-of-investment-ranks-dominion-energys-solar-fleet-sixth-largest-among-owners-of-us-utilities-300580290.html SOURCE Dominion Energy