- More Savings: The home contains enough renewable energy sources to meet a Net Zero Energy standard, meaning it is designed to produce all or most of the energy it consumes.
- Better Health: Progressive ventilation systems feed fresh, healthier air into the home while innovative drywall helps to reduce sources of airborne allergies.
- Real Comfort: Innovative building technologies such as the HercuWall® system, insulated flooring, and advanced HVAC design improve durability and comfort.
- Peace of Mind: The M.Connected Home TM Automation Suite includes an array of Wi-Fi-enabled devices that respond to commands for enhanced safety, security and energy efficiency.
- Thoughtful Design: The reNEWable Living Home has a flexible floor plan to anticipate the needs of today's multigenerational families, enhance their privacy and promote interconnectivity.
- Advanced Certifications: The home's performing, innovative design has earned a 16 HERS Rating (the lowest 1 percent of all HERS rated homes in the country), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR certification and Indoor airPLUS certification, as well as meeting the requirements of the U.S. Department of Energy's Zero Ready Home Program.
The concept home is located within Meritage's Estates at Parkside community in Orlando. Attendees at IBS will be able to enjoy a virtual tour of the house at the Hanley Wood booth W5761 on the International Builders' Show floor at the Orange County Convention Center. Virtual tours of the home are also available online.To learn more about the reNEWable Living Home, please visit meritagehomes.com/renewable. About Meritage Homes CorporationMeritage Homes is the eighth-largest public homebuilder in the United States, based on homes closed in 2016. Meritage Homes builds and sells single-family homes for first- time, move-up, luxury and active adult buyers across the Western, Southern and Southeastern United States. Meritage Homes builds in markets including Sacramento, San Francisco Bay area, southern coastal and Inland Empire markets in California; Houston, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Austin and San Antonio, Texas; Phoenix/Scottsdale, Green Valley and Tucson, Arizona; Denver, Colorado; Orlando, Tampa and south Florida; Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina; Greenville-Spartanburg and York County, South Carolina; Nashville, Tennessee; and Atlanta, Georgia. Meritage Homes has designed and built over 100,000 homes in its 32-year history, and has a reputation for its distinctive style, quality construction, and positive customer experience. Meritage Homes is the industry leader in energy-efficient homebuilding and has received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for Sustained Excellence Award every year since 2013 for innovation and industry leadership in energy efficient homebuilding. About Hanley WoodHanley Wood is the premier company serving the information, media, and marketing needs of the residential, commercial design and construction industry. Utilizing the largest analytics and editorially driven Construction Industry Database, the company provides business intelligence and data-driven services. The company produces award-winning media, high-profile executive events, and strategic marketing solutions. To learn more, visit hanleywood.com. ContactsMeritage Homes CorporationBrent Anderson, 972.580.6360 firstname.lastname@example.org