- Multi-modal usage - utilizes gaze detection combined with conversational AI to allow drivers to simply look at an object or place outside the vehicle and ask questions or interact. For example, drivers can look at a restaurant and say, "call that restaurant" or "how is that restaurant rated?" or inquire about a parking garage asking, "how much does it cost to park there?" Dragon Drive can resolve the point of interest and provide a meaningful, human-like response.
- Enhanced interoperability via cognitive arbitration - enables seamless communication with a world of virtual assistants, including smart home devices; Nina, Nuance's enterprise-grade virtual assistant for customer engagement; and other popular virtual assistants and services, thus providing users with access to their broader digital worlds. Drivers can now manage a variety of important tasks from their cars, from checking remaining months on their car lease and transferring money between bank accounts to managing home heating, lighting and security systems - both implicitly and explicitly.
- AI integration with car sensors - applies AI to key automotive functions to deliver an unprecedented level of personalized and contextually relevant results. For example, in response to a simple request to find parking, Dragon Drive considers not only the verbal information, but also contextual information such as the windshield wipers being active to infer that it might be raining and adjust the parking recommendations to prioritize covered parking.
- Enhanced multi-passenger interaction - utilizes voice biometrics and advanced audio processing technologies to recognize and allow multiple passengers to interact simultaneously with the automotive assistant without interfering with each other. For example, any passenger can say, "it's a little cold in here." Thanks to seating awareness and voice biometrics, Dragon Drive can respond by adjusting the climate only in the relevant zone, applying preferences of the identified user.
- Just Talk - lets occupants more quickly, naturally and intuitively engage with the automotive assistant. With Just Talk, drivers can start a conversation just as they would with a human - without needing to first press a button or explicitly say a wake-up word.
Dragon Drive powers more than 200 million cars on the road today across more than 40 languages, creating conversational experiences for Toyota, Audi, BMW, Daimler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Hyundai, SAIC, and more. To learn more about the ways in which Dragon Drive is amplifying the intelligence of the connected car, visit Dragon Drive on nuance.com. In addition, Nuance's Dragon Drive connected car platform will be displayed at CES 2018, which runs January 9-12, 2018, in Las Vegas, Nevada.About Nuance Communications, Inc. Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance's proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com. Trademark reference: Nuance and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Contact Information For PressKate Hickman Nuance Communications, Inc.Tel: 781-565-4627Email: email@example.com