BET Remains #1 Cable Net for African American Viewers Across ALL Key Demos *
- BET is the #1 Cable Net for 16 Years Straight among Core Demo, African-American Adults 18-49 (CY02-CY17 YTD)
- BET is the #1 Cable Net of CY17 for African-American viewers across Key AA Demos, Women, and Teens
- AA Key Demos: AA P2+, AA P18-49, AA P25-54, AA P18+; AA Women Demos: AA W2+, AA W25-54, AA W35+; and African American Teens 12-17
- BET ranked as the #1 Cable Net in Primetime among African-American Adult Men 18+
- BET is a Top 20 Cable Net of CY2017 in total day among Target Demo, P18-49, Adult Women 18-49, Adults 25-54, Adult Women 25-54, and Millennial Men 18-34
- BET ranked among Top 15 Cable Nets of CY2017 in total day for Millennials P18-34 and Millennial Women 18-34
- Amid a challenging TV environment, BET reports a ratings upswing with 7 months of consecutive double digit year-over-year gains in CY17 - making this the highest streak of monthly YoY gains in nearly 8 years (since CY2009)
- BET is 1 out of only 2 cable nets in the Top 20 to report year-over-year gains for CY2017
- "The New Edition Story" bowed as the #1 Cable Biopic of All Time among Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49, grossing 29MM TOTAL VIEWERS during its premiere week (Sum Totals)
- BET is the #1 most socially buzzed about cable network of CY2017 across Facebook and Twitter.
- BET has 6 out of the Top 10 Most Social Cable Specials this year - with BET Awards, BET Hip Hop Awards, New Edition to name a few - more than any cable net in the top 10.
|*Source: Live + Same Day | Measurement Period: CY02-CY17-to-Date by Year based on NHI Calendar (12/31/02-12/03/17)| Total Day = BET Total Day (Mon-Sa 8a-4a/Su 9a-12a), All Other Cable Nets Total Day as expressed in Nielsen platforms | Primetime (Mon-Su 8pm-11pm) | Ad-Supported Cable | Exclude Kids, Sports, News Ad-Supported Cable Networks, along with Ad-Supported Cable Networks that do not program 50% of 24 Hour Total Day | In 2016, BET tied with VH1 (110K Black P18-49 for both) | All Ranked on Impressions (000)s. | Subject to qualifications which will be supplied upon request.|
|**Source: 29MM Viewers. Source: Nielsen | Live + Same Day | New Edition Premiere Week (1/23-1/29/17) | Sum of the Average Audience refers additive sum of the 3-Part Premiere across BET & Centric plus 15 Encores on BET | Viewers 2+ Impressions (000) | #1 Cable Biopic of All Time Source: Nielsen | Live + Same Day | CY02-CY17 (12/31/02-09/24/17) | Biopics: New Edition Story (BET); VH1: TLC: Crazy, Sexy Cool, MC Hammer, MJ Man in the Mirror; Lifetime: Whitney; Toni Braxton, Britney Spears, Anna Nicole, Full House, Saved by the Bell, Beverly Hills 90210, Craigslist Killer, Marilyn Monroe, Surviving Compton Michel'le, Natalee Holloway, Jodie Aria, Brittany Murphy, Liz & Dick, Amanda Knox, Casey Anthony, Carolina White, Cleveland Abduction, William & Kate, Gabby Douglas, Betty & Coretta, Lizzie Borden, Fantasia; and HBO: Bessie, Phil Spector, Liberace, Lyndon Johnson | Exclude Repeats | Reach based on P18-49, 6-Minute Qualifier. | All other rankings: Source: Nielsen | Live + Same Day | Measurement Period: 2016-17 BET Season (09/26/16-09/24/17) and CY17-to-date (12/26/16-12/3/17) | Primetime Mon-Sun 8pm-11pm | All Cable Programs, Excludes Repeats, Movies, Specials, Sports, and Programs with less than 2 airings | Ranked on Black P18-49 Impressions (000)s. | Subject to qualifications which will be supplied upon request.|
|***Source: Nielsen Social Content Ratings. Measurement Period(s): Q4'17 to date (9/25/17-11/23/17) and CY2017-to-date (1/1/17-11/26/17). Excludes Sport Events as well as Sports and News Networks. All Cable. Specials stats include Cable Specials only. Ranked on Total Social Media Interactions. | Eminem Video Views stat- Source: Multiplatform Stat from Sprinklr and Adobe Analytics.|