Designed by architects Gabriel Téllez and Erick Alcalá, with interiors by Mario Téllez Gurbina, the hotel design is inspired by traditional Mexican decor, translated into a contemporary and authentic retreat for travelers. The hotel's stylish guest rooms feature authentic Mexican design details accented with vivid colors and natural textures inspired by the Caribbean Sea and the region's jungle and cenotes. Guests can relax on private furnished balconies or terraces, as well as enjoy the hotel's courtyard, featuring a vertical garden and modern artwork from renowned international artists."As the first Curio Collection property in Mexico, we are delighted to welcome guests to The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences," said Julian Smaldoni, general manager, The Fives Downtown Hotel & Residences, Curio Collection by Hilton. "With our upscale accommodations and thoughtful amenities, as well as our unbeatable location blocks away from the Playa Del Carmen coast, the hotel offers guests the best of the city and sea and showcases the unparalleled hospitality supported by Hilton." Upscale Guest Amenities
- Purobeach - A rooftop oasis overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Purobeach offers a beautiful 50-meter infinity pool, cabanas, massage services and a restaurant boasting international cuisine that takes guests from Miami to Marrakesh to Melbourne. At night, lounge music and mixologists' creations will set the mood for entertainment.
- Fitness: Guests can take advantage of the on-site 24-hour gym's state-of-the-art equipment. At an additional cost, guests may also request a certified Technogym personal trainer and yoga classes.
- Meetings & Events: The property features just over 900 square feet of flexible meeting space for up to 120 attendees, a boardroom for 12 and a main meeting room bathed in natural light.
- El Tigre - With local, handcrafted beers and more than 100 different tequilas and mezcals, El Tigre offers an authentic tequila bar experience. Guests can share tapas while the bar's tequila master guides them through the vast menu.
- Mercatto - A vibrant, sharing-style Italian restaurant, Mercatto serves healthy breakfast options and shared plates for dinner with an excellent selection of wines and craft beers, direct from the open kitchen.
- Marley's Coffee - The shop offers a wide variety of coffee, tea and pastries.