- Miracle Babies, San Diego, CA: The nonprofit organization, which provides education, support and financial assistance to families with critically ill newborns in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, is creating holiday care packages that will be distributed to 500 parents.
- The Boys and Girls Club of the Tar River Region, Rocky Mount, NC: The local chapter, which provides after-school programming to thousands of kids ages 5-18 years old at three separate locations, plans to replace insulation that was damaged by Hurricane Matthew last year.
- The Children's Village, Dobbs Ferry, NY: The nonprofit organization, which provides innovative residential and community-based program to at-risk children, teens and families, is creating a new game room for the 300 kids who live at the facility.
- Northeast Youth Center, Spokane, WA: The youth center, which provides educational and recreational activities to children ages 3-17, will help kids stay warm this winter by providing winter coats and boots.
- Washtenaw Area Council for Children, Ypsilanti, MI: Michigan Children's Trust Fund's designated agency for the prevention of child abuse and neglect in Washtenaw County is purchasing 25 tablets and one laptop to begin offering a cyber safety program to its members.
KidCents was developed by The Rite Aid Foundation to provide Rite Aid customers an opportunity to do even more to help the kids in the communities Rite Aid serves. Through KidCents, members of Rite Aid's wellness+ with Plenti program can round up their in-store or online purchases to the nearest dollar and give their change to one of more than 440 nonprofit organizations focused on improving the health and wellbeing of children. For more information, visit www.kidcents.com.Since its inception in 2001, The Rite Aid Foundation has awarded more than $36 million to non-profit organizations. Additionally, Rite Aid, through the efforts of its customers, supplier partners and associates, has also raised more than $81 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across the country since 1994. Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation's leading drugstore chains with fiscal 2017 annual revenues of $32.8 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company's website at www.riteaid.com.