- Maria DeLong from Brownsburg, Ind., who submitted "Pleasant Awakening" (finalist)
- Anna Kreager from Cedar Park, Texas, who submitted "Chalkers" (finalist)
- Julia Luetje from Leawood, Kansas, who submitted " Storm Sleeper" (finalist)
- Grace Murphy from Needham, Mass., who submitted "Shoe Purse" (finalist)
- Andrew Young from Batavia, New York, who submitted "Toaster Shooter" (winner)
"This year's competition was fueled by the passion and creativity that aspiring entrepreneurs brought throughout the contest, proving that if you can dream, you can invent," said Jeannie Cho, Vice President of Marketing, Frito-Lay North America. "We are pleased to announce next year's competition to keep this celebration of innovation and family connection going. And we're looking forward to what families will 'dreamvent' together next as they work to bring their best ideas to life."About the Contest Families can participate by thinking up a fun invention idea, creating a simple drawing and short explanation of it and uploading both 1 to MyDreamvention.com starting now through February 26, 2018 for a chance to win. Five finalists will be announced in October 2018 at which point Frito-Lay will pass the baton to America to vote for its favorite Dreamvention. The winning invention, based on votes, will be announced in December 2018. Here are a few tips for how families can get started:
- Have a brainstorm with family and friends.
- Look at everyday things and think of a way to make it better.
- Think of an everyday problem you have and dream up a way to fix it!
providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to better for you snacks; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.Follow PepsiCo: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/families-invent-away-frito-lay-announces-return-of-dreamvention-to-find-the-next-best-invention-idea-300570419.html SOURCE PepsiCo