Over the course of two weeks, HBCU majorette teams battled it out for the top five spots in the #RadiantDanceOff competition. To enter, eligible teams submitted a short essay highlighting why their team runs the yard along with a two-minute video that was voted on by fans, alumni and students. A panel then judged the top five dance teams with the highest number of votes on:
- Difficulty of dance steps, cohesiveness and technical proficiency
- Originality of dance performance
- Creative execution of wardrobe selection
- Ability to convey character and expression in the dance
- Essay Submission
- 4 in 5 African American women say they avoid wearing certain types of clothes during their period for fear of leaks.
- Nearly half of African American women say they bring a jacket or sweater to wrap around their waist during their period when they're going out to meet friends or on a date.
- A quarter of African American women say they avoid dancing while on their period.
- Half of African American women say they use mostly pads for their period protection.
- Tampax Radiant tampons feature a CleanSeal™ re-sealable wrapper for quick and easy, discreet disposal and a LeakGuard™ braid to help stop leaks before they happen.
- Always Radiant pads feature a light, clean scent and absorb 10x their weight for protection you'll forget is even there.
- Always Radiant Daily Liners have a CleanGuard™ quilted core to absorb wetness and odors.
ABOUT HBCU DANCE CORPORATION, INC.Founded in 2010, HBCU Dance Corporation, Inc. uses dance as a way to inspire students to attend (or stay in) college, preferably at Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU). Through its college centric dance camps, annual scholarships, mentoring programs, healthy food initiatives and funding assistance services, HBCU Dance Corporation plays an important role in helping female students, ages 12-22, recognize their beauty, strengths and full potential, while helping them identify and achieve their goals in college and beyond. To learn more about HBCU Dance Corporation, Inc., visit www.HBCUDance.com. ABOUT PROCTER & GAMBLE P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands. ______________________________ 1 The Tampax and Always Radiant Collection HBCU campaign survey, 2017