- ¿ RoughTed - a purveyor of ad-blocker aware malvertising responsible for a range of scams, exploits, and malware. It can be used to attack any type of platform and operating system, and utilizes ad-blocker bypassing and fingerprinting in order to make sure it delivers the most relevant attack.
- ¿ Conficker - Worm that allows remote operations and malware download. The infected machine is controlled by a botnet, which contacts its Command & Control server to receive instructions.
November's Top 3 'Most Wanted' mobile malware:
- Triada - Modular Backdoor for Android which grants superuser privileges to downloaded malware, as helps it to get embedded into system processes. Triada has also been seen spoofing URLs loaded in the browser.
- Lokibot - Android banking Trojan and info-stealer, which can also turn into a ransomware that locks the phone in case its admin privileges are removed.
- LeakerLocker - Android ransomware that reads personal user data, and then presents it to the user and threatens to leak it online if ransom payments aren't met.