- Europe (69 percent)
- Asia Pacific (12 percent)
- Americas (8 percent)
- Over 25 percent more at restaurants
- Over 10 percent more on transportation
- Close to 10 percent more on lodging
Global ticket sales for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ continue to perform well, as FIFA recently reported 4 that:
- Close to 800,000 tickets have been sold so far to the FIFA World Cup global fan base.
- Nearly 50 percent of the ticketing demand is coming from the host country, Russia, with Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Germany, India, Mexico and the United States making up the largest number of international requests.
- Notify your issuing bank or financial institution of anticipated travel plans, including use of Visa debit, credit or prepaid cards abroad to avoid any issues while processing transactions. Issuing banks can also provide information about travel-related benefits for Visa account holders, including opt-in mobile services, such as Mobile Location Confirmation through your bank's mobile app or Visa's Travel Authorization Tag.
- Register for SMS notifications with your specific bank, or the bank's transaction notification service, to track purchases made on your Visa accounts as you travel.
- Set up automatic bill pay for any credit cards to give you some peace-of-mind that your account will be current while traveling abroad.
- Make two copies of important travel documents, namely your passport, in case of emergency. Leave one copy with a friend or relative and carry the other separate from your original documents. You can also take a photo with your cellphone of important documents.
- When paying by card, pay in "local currency" for a competitive exchange rate.
- Use a credit or debit card for purchases. Visa offers security, convenience and ease when paying abroad. It is safer than carrying cash.
- Whenever possible, pay through a chip-activated terminal when using your credit or debit card for enhanced security.
- Look for the Visa or PLUS logo at any point-of-sale terminal to ensure international payment cards are accepted.
About Visa Inc.Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world's leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce. For more information, visit usa.visa.com/aboutvisa, visacorporate.tumblr.com and @VisaNews. 1 Estimate based on the Visa International Travel (VISIT) platform, 2002-2014. 2 Visa International Travel (VISIT) platform, four-year average, 2014-2017. 3 VisaNet 2014. 4 See FIFA.com/tickets for more information about ticket sales for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™.