- Goldcorp to host the 2018 #DisruptMining innovation expo and "shark-tank" style live event at the Rebel Entertainment Complex
- Disruptors from all sectors encouraged to pitch their exponential technologies and rogue ideas to a panel of senior mining and technology leaders in front of a live audience of influencers and decision-makers.
- Winning disruptor(s) can earn an opportunity to negotiate up to C$1 million investment from Goldcorp, one of the world's largest and most innovative gold producers 1
- All proceeds from the #DisruptMining finale event will support innovation-focused scholarships
- Kick off #DisruptMining video: https://youtu.be/gXKn-CjM5Hk
- Feed the long-term pipeline for metals
- Enhance productivity, efficiency and automation
- Improve safety
- Reduce environmental footprint
- Facilitate open and transparent markets
- "Go rogue"
Applications must be a maximum of five pages and include a brief introduction to the idea and/or technology being pitched as well as an explanation of its potential impact on the mining industry. Multi-media submissions are highly encouraged to complement the pitch.Semi-finalists will be invited to exhibit their ideas at the Innovation Expo, and three finalists will be chosen to pitch at the #DisruptMining live event. All semi-finalists and finalists will be notified by February 5, 2018. No purchase or skill-testing question is required, and the chances of earning a spot as a finalist or semi-finalist depend on the number and caliber of entries received during the submission period. The #DisruptMining challenge is open to all individuals or groups of individuals in Canada or the US (excluding residents of Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, Tennessee and Vermont) who are at least the age of majority in their province, state, territory or country of residence. Eligibility to earn an opportunity to negotiate an investment from Goldcorp requires travel to Toronto, Canada on March 4, 2018 and participation in live meetings and the live finale event on March 4, 2018. For complete eligibility criteria, please refer to www.disruptmining.com. #DisruptMining Innovation Expo The #DisruptMining Innovation Expo will showcase the semi-finalists and offer direct interaction to demonstrate how they can help the mining industry accelerate the pace of technological advancement. "Shark-Tank" Style Live Finale The #DisruptMining Innovation Expo will transition into an evening event, in which three finalists will pitch their disruptive ideas "shark-tank" style to a live audience and have the opportunity to negotiate up to C$1 million in investment for a proof of concept at one of Goldcorp's mines or direct investment in the winning technologies. More than 1,000 mining executives, investors, technologists and financiers will be in attendance, each looking for that one revolutionary idea.
#DisruptMining Challenge Timeline
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018: Deadline for submissions.
- Monday, February 5, 2018: Selected disruptors notified.
- Sunday, March 4, 2018: #DisruptMining Innovation Expo and Live Finale
1 Investment not guaranteed, and/or investment may be allocated among two or more of three Finalists; exact level of investment, if any, is at Goldcorp's sole discretion and subject to completion of appropriate due diligence.SOURCE Goldcorp Inc.